Sunday, January 20, 2013

montezuma!!!!

Hola!!! I arrived in montezuma today and it was fricken hot. Left at 6 am today in a blustery rainy beautiful mess after an amazing weekend in Monteverdi. The hiking and cool conditions didn't phase me, the rainforest was absolutely amazing. Saw some white face monkeys, the infamous sloth and the most luscious veg one could ask for! I went up with a brother and sister from Sweden who were very nice, very young, and great at Spanish , so they gave me some good lessons before school and its amazing how much u pick up. We also came up with a man who sat beside me named Ivan from Quebec, he's about my paps age and was so nice, a sculpture artist who was taken a bit of a break, we shared a bottle of wine and had some local sausage (I was skeptical but I survived). He was a great chat and I got to practice my French! I thought of Lesya Roberts the whole time and what a linguist she is, and hope we can speak In a " triangular" dialect one day hehe. Anyways so with my morninga and a banana I set off for the 6 am bus in the wind, made it to puntarenas, thank god for a nice Israeli man who could speak Spanish and helped me get from A to B when things got reallllly "local" before the one hour ferry to Paquera to be transferred to montezuma in a hot sweaty disgusting dirty mess.
I got here, checked in to la escuela del sol and ran for the ocean, I was so stoked... Met a girl from Burlington in the water, got my shoulders burnt, walked around met some Tica's and just... Watched. It's a happening yoga, surf and poi village for sure.... With thise three goals in mind I just took it in and said ya.... I can do this. It will be a hard month but so worth t. Also.... I am the only poi student being taught by the most maybe best poi performer in the whole world. His name is Eli, we saw him perform at Envision last year and all our jaws dropped!!!! I cannot wait to be one in one with this man for 90 mins a day non stop.... His girlfriend is a contortionist and they do partner poi together.... Like huh?!?! Also!!!!!!! Nick woolsley is in town right now doing aTen day workshop... A world renowned poi artist (playpoi.com).... Heaven!!!!! Anyways so... Here I am in my hammock listening to the ocean..... Pura vida!!!!!! Buenas noches. Tomorrow is day one of many, te amo.

No comments:

Post a Comment