Tuesday, January 22, 2013

To health and fun :)

I should write more often otherwise it's to much in 48 hours lol. I had a few friends ask what the hell I am doing over here in Central America so in short... I am doing a 2 month travel in the area beginning with Costa Rica at la escuela del sol to learn Spanish, practice yoga and enhance my fire dancing skills with lessons from Eli - a fire dancer that blew us all away last year at envision at Bahia ballena. And why I'm so stoked is that I am his only student right now in poi... So I'm learning one on one with my hero, by luck! It's not like I came here with a million bucks and ordered the best, I just got lucky in our super small school setting!! So after this I meet Heidi, Amy and Adam in Nicaragua.... Also by luck that they will be here! So yayyyyy! And coming back down to Bahia ballen to end with envision music fest and meet with the beautiful Ticos I have already met :)

So to continue... Spanish and poi Re goin awesome!!! I have an Aussie roommate whose in the surf school so hopefully I can mooch her skills and vice versa :) montezuma is awesome, small and easy to meet the locals, I have a new friend David who is making my hair look pretty cool with his awesome wrapping skills. It's been 30 and above but omg when they thought it would never happen... it downpoured for 10 mins tonight, such a lovely feeling! While trapped in the rain I got squished In a corner with a local who didn't know ingles, and u know what, I think we had a conversation! Awful and broken but we did it! Lol.

Yesterday (and the day before)... Allergies which I didn't know I ever had, almost killed me ( i guess from all the beautiful plants.. what a shame) my head was in the sky and all I wanted to do was sleep, but Gerry's ( my roomie) antihistamines, moringa and Tylenol blew that shit back to Canada. I woke up this morning bright eyed and bushy tailed. Eli showed up and kicked my ass into some serious poi-ing. He taught me things I don't even know the names of... Lol but they will look sweet on fire. A "simpler" move he taught me was backwards boxing butterfly, which helps for some sweet variations, but it definately took me a solid half hour to even remotely get it, as he says "now make it look sexy! Move ur ass, it's not Terrible dancing... It's fire dancing" lol! We r going to video tape each other tomorrow for fun listening to his awesome tunes, he blows my mind, I guess he only started nun chucks for the first time two weeks ago....but  I bet he's better then professional ( if there are...) "nun- chuckers)..... Jaw dropping!

Ended the day with a cocunut, wAterfall hike and a 40 of imperial beer teaching Lisa ( new friend fro. Penticton) how to poi on the beach in hopes she's going to show me some hooping skills maƱana!

Last but not least, whoever reads this tell grandma I love her times a million! And happy birthday! I love u and ur on my mind all the time!!!! The most young at heart women I know! Xoxox sorry I can't call, it's just nearly impossible, but this way ull have a bunch of relatives calling saying the same thing :)

Love ya all! Things are lovely, Spanish is quickly coming.... And no worries it is way more safe here then like... Simpson street in Thunder Bay so we, re good ;) plus my knifes bigger then a Ticos forearm... so to my family... Stop worrying! I love u ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment